Monday, February 8, 2010

Simple Pleasures

After being snowed in with my fabulous family for two days I have been thinking about some on the things I enjoy the most. All too often I focus on the business and seriousness of daily life and forget to stop and think about the simple things . It is so easy to get caught up in the things that bother you and bring you down. I am guilty of that as well. So here is my "list" of simple pleasures in no particular order.

My Simple Pleasures.

1. It's no secret that I get up early even when I don't have to so that I can have a few quiet moments before the house wakes. A hot cup of coffee and a quiet house in the early morning.

2. The sweet sound of "Mama" from either of my children.

3. That this boy thinks his Mama is the greatest!

pics 050
4. Warm laundry from the dryer.

5. A clean house!

6. Watching my baby girl sleep. Squeezing in beside her and trying to breathe it all in and hoping that this moment will last forever.

pics 052

7. Great friends and family. And I am blessed enough to have great friends that are very much my family!

8. Sitting in the warm summer sun with sweet tea and a good book.

9. That these 5 kiddos are such a wonderful part of my life!


Photobucket


10. The laughter of my kiddos.

11. Thrift store shopping.

12. The love of a good man. We may stumble and get off track but I love how we always end up right back where we need to be.


memorial weekend 107

4 comments:

Momof3inVA said...

I love good men...I have been fortunate to have a few of them in my life...I have a great significant other, dad, grandpa, and undcle...my boss is even a GREAT guy!

Hey, I was going to follow you too, but I don't see a follower button...do you know how to add one of those?

Confessions From A Work-At-Home Mom said...

I don't think I've been on your blog before, but I love these pictures of your family... and your list... what a great list. I too enjoy watching my daughter sleep; I sneak into her room every night just to do it!

I've always wanted to wake up a little early in the morning for some "me" time, but I just can't seem to get out of bed. Good for you!

~Elizabeth
Confessions From A Working Mom

Better Known As Mommy said...

No I don't know how to add a follow button. Embarrassing to admit but I don't know much about my blog ha ha. I followed you by going to my dashboard like you said.

Better Known As Mommy said...

Elizabeth,
Thanks you for stopping by! I started this blog a while ago but just never really got into learning my way around it. I am still very new at it. But I love to meet new friends! I am going to stop by your blog.
Chasity