Sunday, February 7, 2010

The Morning After

I got up early , long before anyone else, to enjoy my oh so simple pleasure of a cup of coffee and a quiet house. I opened up the curtains enough to catch a glimpse of the huge blanket of white stuff that covered us in nearly 30 inches yesterday! I really enjoy my morning hour of relaxing and reflecting. Putting together my thoughts for the day ahead.

I made pancakes and bacon for our crew for breakfast. I knew we would need some fuel to get us through the huge job of "digging out" that awaited us. At some point in the night our neighbor had someone come and plow out a space large enough for him, which was great for him, but left everyone else in out court buried behind a huge wall of snow!! Commence digging!!

He worked so hard

After we had been digging for a while

We are out!

Path in our driveway

So about 2 hours later we were fully dug out as well as helping some other neighbors dig out!
The kids were so cute to watch as they played in the Frozen Antarctic as my son called, it with their friends.

More Friends

Friends

Since we were all dug out we headed to Target. Cos a girl has to have her Target fix. That is my favorite place to go. Plus I needed coffee. Man oh man I expected that the main roads would have been plowed somewhat but they were not. Had I known they were so slushy and icy, I would have stayed home in my nice and dug out spot! The roads are definitely in very bad condition. This storm rocked us. And we are expecting up to 8 more inches on Tuesday!!

We were supposed to have my best friend and her family over to watch the Superbowl. But she woke up with what apparently the flu. I was so bummed they couldn't make it. So it was just the four of us here. Big Daddy made a big pot of chili. We have pizza, chips and homemade salsa and mini chocolate chip muffins for the kiddos! And we are all set! Are you ready for some football!!! We are snuggled tight and hanging together. Maybe this snow wasn't so bad after all. The together time has been wonderful!

pics 048

2 comments:

Momof3inVA said...

Wow! You guys did get a lot! We ended up having about 2 inches of ice beneath our foot of snow...not fun!

Yum, your chili looks good! ;)

Hope you guys fare well in tomorrows/Wednesdays snowfall...they are calling for more snow here with some ice perhaps.

Better Known As Mommy said...

Hey! Thanks! I got ya added! I just recently really started using my blog and still haven't figured out how to do a lot of the "easy" things. I had forgotten how I added the other blogs I read! Complete dummy moment!