Thursday, February 11, 2010

Round 2 Blizzard 2010

We are getting ready for round two here in Maryland. According to our local news they are predicting 14-20 inches of snow. Weatherbug is saying 18-24. I will take the lower amount please! If you look out my window you will see that I really have no need for any more snow! I have plenty already and would be more than happy to share!

Since I started writing Round 2 of Blizzard 2010 it has more than made its debut! Wow it was insane. I kept wanting to get back and finish this post yesterday in the midst of it all but just never found the time. This morning we are very snowed in, but the sun is shining. Which I think is great for my mental status. The blizzard warning and white out conditions are definately a bit depressing. So I will take the sunshine, even if all that white stuff is still out there.

Just starting to snow on Tuesday.

The beginning of round 2
Shoveling some Tuesday afternoon.

pics 061

Tuesday

pics 063

Wednesday white out!
Round 2 Feb.11, 2010

My daughter on a snow mountain!
pics 079

Our driveway!

My driveway

The kids on each side of the "Snow Mountain"

Kids on each side of the snow


Can you see the car in the middle of the picture? That car has been there since the beginning of Friday's snow storm.
The car is barely peeking out


It was so windy and cold. The snow was stinging as it blew into my face! A horrible day yesterday!!
pics 065


We will have a lot of work to do today with digging out. Not looking forward to it in the least. We shoveled a lot yesterday in the middle of the storm to try and make it easier for us. But the snow drifts are so huge that all the shoveling we did yesterday didn't really help much. It is pretty bad up here and snow plows are working non stop to get roads clear but it is going to be a lot of work. The kids are obviously home the rest of the week.
The news is saying another storm is coming Sunday-Monday but we shouldn't see much accumulation.

4 comments:

Abby said...

OH my! That is a lot of snow. i'm a northern girl living in KY so I really miss big snow storms! It's kinda nice to get snowed in and just have fun with the family! Enjoy the snow:)

Better Known As Mommy said...

I have a friend who is from upstate New York and she said this is even more than she has ever been used to. Oh how I miss Kentucky! I moved to Maryland 7 yeas ago. Where at in Kentucky are you? Yes it is nice to just be toether. Everything has definately slowed down this week....no running here and there. Just God's way of saying slow down and enjoy each other!

Momof3inVA said...

Oh, WOW! That's about all I can say!!!

I can't even see that car! WOW!

Momof3inVA said...

Hey, I also have something for you over at my Blog...head on over to 'claim' it. ;)