Tuesday, March 30, 2010

New Home

We have finally decided that we want to be homeowners! We actually decided this a couple of months ago and have been on the hunt since then. We have seen numerous homes and made a few offers. Nothing has seemed to come through though. Either our offer wasn't accepted or someone else beat us to it and they would have us for their back up. To be honest I was getting very frustrated with the whole process. Houses I wanted to see, hubby wasn't interested in and vice versa.

Well we went to see a place last week that has been on the market for quite some time. After walking through, I instantly loved it. The bedrooms were bigger. Double closets in the master. Bigger, updated kitchen. Large basement and plenty of room for all 5 kids. And it was only very slightly above the price range we were trying to stay within. So we decided what's it going to hurt, so we put in an offer that was realistic for us. The buyer ACCEPTED and we are waiting for the last information from the bank. I am trying not to get too excited because I know any bump in the road can send things spinning. But it looks like this may work. We are currently looking into inspection companies and title companies.

Out of all the homes we looked at there have been only two that I can picture my belongings inside. I know where I want my couch. I have pictured where my large mirror will look best. I can just already see me in that house. I am making notes of things I want to change to make it more "US" and am looking at paint colors!

I am going to try and find the photos of the house that are posted online. I want to keep a record of what we started with and what things are like when we finish making it OUR home!

*Updated* April 4,2010
We still haven't gotten complete confirmation that the house is ours. Still waiting on some things from the bank. Who knew it took so long to let you know that Yes, you can buy this house! We did drive past a few days ago and there is a sold sign in the front yard. We have also chosen a title company and termite and home inspection companies. So I guess that is something huh? Even though things have been going smoothly, I am trying not to let myself get overly excited, only because I know at this point things could still happen! It is really hard to wait. And I am fighting the urge to start packing!

0 comments: