Sunday, March 14, 2010

My family

This blog post is coming to you from ...my very own brand New Dell Laptop... and it is Purple! Passion Purple to be exact! Yay!!! I am so excited, I have never had a laptop before! I can't wait to take it to the coffee shop and blog from there. I am majorly thrilled!



Now let me tell you the story of how I got my fabulous new toy!

Saturdays are crazy days for me at work. All the "oddballs" come in and it is just very hectic. I decided to take my daughter with me. She is an awesome helper and a real people person! So we made it through the day and my hubby and my son get there to pick us up. I couldn't wait to get home throw on some comfy clothes and just hang out with everyone.

When we got home,on my way into the house,my son stops me and hugs me and says how much he loves me! I know how sweet right!! I get inside and take my shoes off and my son says suprise mom. I said suprise what? He waited a few minutes and yelled suprise again. Down the hallway comes my sweet husband carrying a cake with candles lit! They lead me into the kitchen and proceed to sing Happy Birthday to me!! And they had gifts for me too. I said guys, my birthday isn't until Thursday. Thursday is also my 6th Wedding Anniversary! But my hubby knew that he would be working and kids would be in school so he wanted to make sure we celebrated with us all together!! Is that AWESOME or what! They made my whole day!! So I blew out my candles and opened my gifts.
You could have knocked me over when I saw the laptop! My first thought was no way...we can't afford this..it is not in our budget....all those things.
And to make a great thing even better. I have been asking for new pots and pans. So hubby and my mother-in-law got me the Giada De Laurentiis cook wear set from Target!! I have wanted it for so long but just would not part with the money. My old set is going on 7 years old and has seen better days!

I have been having a hard time with turning 30! So I told my hubby we could celebrate our anniversary but skip my birthday because if I don't acknowledge it, I get to stay 29! So here was the cake he got me......

chas 002


He had them write Happy 29th Birthday because he knew I was fighting turning 30!

My FABULOUS new LAPTOP!!!!!!! I still can't believe he got this for me. Part of me wants to be mad for spending that kind of money, but the other part of me is very greatful!

chas 004


chas 011



My WONDERFUL new Giada cook set!! I can't wait to use these. Anyone want to come for dinner??


chas 003


chas 010


chas 001


I will turn 30 on Thursday. I will admit I have not been looking forward to turning 30 at all! So these guys have no idea how special our little party was!! And who cares if I will be 30. With a family like mine my 30's will be even better than my 20's.
I will also celebrate being married to the most wonderful man God ever created for 6years! Sometimes I wonder how it is that I am so blessed. I have an amazing family! Suddenly turning 30 doesn't seem so bad......



2 comments:

mommyof7 (2inheaven) said...

That is SOO COOL!! Glad you had a great Birthday. I have a purple Laptop too. Got it for our 8th Wedding Anniversary. But mine is a darker purple.

Better Known As Mommy said...

Yeah I had an awesome afternoon. Ended up being a wonderful Sunday too! I am pretty blessed that is for sure!
Samantha is your laptop a dell?